Sunday, January 19, 2014

WANT CLEAR SKIN?

I feel like that's a dumb question, who doesn't want clear skin. But anyways, my skin is extra sensitive and acne has become a part of my life ever since I stopped being so tomboy-ish and started applying makeup on a daily basis. It's not horrible acne, but enough to make me self-conscious. I've tried a bunch of products to try and help get rid of the problem, but none of them seemed to be working. They all left my skin feeling very dry, or would only be a temporary fix followed by a massive breakout session. Recently, I have found two products that immensely help clear my skin. I got both of them at Ulta, but I'm sure they can be found elsewhere. The best thing about these products though, is that they are under $5 each! And Ulta is always putting those if you spend $10 you get $3.50 off coupons up on their website. So, I get both of these products for $6.50. Personally, I think that's a steal.


Okay, so the first product is a makeup remover. I think part of my problem is that I'm extremely lazy. By the end of the night I am too lazy to take my makeup off. So nine times out of ten I was sleeping with my makeup on, a HUGE no no! Then, a friend told me about makeup wipes. They're so convenient, a true gift to lazy girls everywhere. I'm literally already in bed when I'm using them. I've gone through a couple makeup removers that claim to be for people with sensitive skin (I've even used the one Faryal Makhdoom put up on Instagram a couple days ago). Although they did leave my skin makeup free, it seemed as if they aggravated my acne even more. Then I tried the Radiance Cleansing Wipes by Simple Goodness, and my life changed for the better. They come in a pack of 25 but  I usually tear the wipe in half, that way one wipe is good for two days. I've never heard anything about it, but it said it was made my "sensitive skin experts" so I decided to give it a try. I'm glad I did, even after using it for a couple days, I saw results. It is great! I would definitely recommend it!


The other product is a peel off face mask. It's Queene Helene's Grape Seed Extract. This was also a reluctant purchase. I really needed a face wash, and the one I used to use wasn't at Ulta at the time. I've heard great things about the brand, but I was hesitant because I read the ingredients. Ingredients are practically in a foreign language, but from I could understand it had fragrance and alcohol in it. Didn't sound very sensitive skin friendly to me. Buuut I eventually bought it because the peel off bit appealed to my lazy side. lol. Again, really glad that I bought it. It works wonders for my acne scars. The dark marks and the redness left my acne fade away like magic. It's amazing. I usually do this in the morning when I've just gotten up and am makeup free. I apply the mask on my face. Leave it on for ten minutes, and then peel it off. Simple and effective!


My skin still isn't perfect, I get a stress pimple every now and then, but it is a drastic improvement from what it used to be! Good luck! Hope it works for you guys as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment