Monday, January 13, 2014

PROPHET MUHAMMAD (PBUH)


You may have heard the saying before, but it applies to my life completely. I do things that contradict my religion probably on a daily basis. I mean, my last post was all about Zayn Malik. But, I fully agree that my religion is perfect. Although I am faaaar away from being the perfect Muslim, the Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) was not.

Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) is an inspiration to millions of people around the world. Not only do people of Islam think he is a great role model, but he is known as one of the greatest leaders of all time. His character, determination & love can be matched by no man. On this day, the 12th of Rabbi al-Awwal, it is easy to be reminded of him and his teachings. My memory of his habits gets refreshed. I recall his sincerity towards those he loved and those that were complete strangers. I remember the great lengths he went to so that he would not harm even the littlest ant. Most importantly, I remember his complete devotion to Islam. It is then that I fully begin to realize how poorly I represent my religion.

I have seen people talk about the #sunnahchallenge on Twitter. I think it is a great idea to get that spreading. We may already do some of what the Prophet did without realizing. For example, smiling when you greet somebody, and being thankful for certain things in your life. Great, but what if we took it one step further. Try and incorporate one new sunnah in your life a day, a week, a month, or even a year. I want to see how acting, even the smallest fraction of a bit, like the Prophet will change life for the better. If God wills, there will be a day when you can look at me and I will be a better example of a Muslim. Change happens slowly.

No comments:

Post a Comment