Wednesday, January 22, 2014

A HINT OF IK

Don't get me wrong, Imran Khan is irreplaceable, but here are some artists that remind me of him.

Chris Brown, who hasn't heard of him. I don't think he really needs a description. So I'm just going to go straight into why I think he's similar to Imran Khan. They both are not squeaky clean. People have a lot of negative things to say about both of them. But no matter what people say they don't let it get to them. At the end of the day it's all about the music, which Chris Brown and Imran Khan are both extremely dedicated to. Ok I can't think of why else they are similar. I just really want them to make a song together. And if some of Chris's dance moves rub off on Imran, I wouldn't mind. lol.



Stromae is a French singer from Belgium. (So him and Imran already have the whole European thing in common) I recently got introduced to this guy's music, even though he has been putting out music for a couple years now. I regret not knowing about him sooner, his music is so catchy. Even though, I literally don't understand 99% of what he is saying, I can't stop listening! Imran Khan was the same way. I didn't understand a word of Punajbi before, but those beats had me hooked! They are both taking a styles of music that already exist, but putting a twist on them to make it uniquely their own. *thumbs up emoji* People are loving it! I definitely wouldn't mind a French Punjabi collaboration soon!

                                                   
Mickey Singh is a fellow Punjabi singer born in India, but raised in America. He is fairly new to the Punjabi scene, I believe. However, if anyone else is going to be as big as Imran Khan in the Punjabi music industry, I would put my money on him. Just like Imran Khan, he mixes both the east and west together into one song. Just like Imran Khan, the music and lyrics stick in your head for days. They are both proud of their cultures and represent it very well. love, love, love. Keep up the great music!




Are there any other artists that remind you of Imran Khan? I might add them to the list.

No comments:

Post a Comment